Multiply Poster Popularity with Show-Stopping Special Effects
When you add the power of multisensory special effects to the ageless popularity of posters, the possibilities are anything but flat.
From Parisian cabaret posters of the 19th century to the interactive advertisements of modern times, the enduring popularity of posters shows no sign of waning.
Even in a digitally overloaded age, poster manufacturers can tap into a seemingly unlimited market for this adaptable form of art.
From art to advertising to collectible – and sometimes all three at once – the poster serves as a cultural marker, a messaging medium and an art form in endless varieties celebrating everything from nostalgia to fandom to self-improvement.
At H&H, our state-of-the-art multisensory and special effect print capabilities make us the partner of choice for a wide range of innovative poster manufacturers and brand managers.
Here are just a few of the ways that multisensory special effects printing maximizes the popularity of the poster to create something entirely new:
- Poster Art + Scent Printing = Spa-worthy Aromatherapy
- Pet Product Marketing Poster + Dog-Luring Scent = On-the-nose campaign targeting dog park visitors
- Your Product on a Poster + H&H “Snapshot” Effect = Marketing with bonus social media sharing
- Educational Posters + Scratch-off Effect = Engaging teaching tools
- Self-Improvement Posters + Scratch-Off Effect = Irresistible way to celebrate wins and chart your progress with things like yoga poses mastered or miles run
- Posters for Obsessive Book Lovers / Beer Drinkers / Collectors + Scratch-Off Effect = Posters that fly off the shelf as fast as best-selling books and craft beers
- Video Game Art Poster + Special effects = Analog product the digital natives can’t get enough of
Special Effects Printing for Extraordinary Poster Projects
From inspirational office décor to stunning advertisements, pop-culture paraphernalia, and more, the poster is endlessly malleable in design and purpose. With special effects printing, you can make a timeless statement of both art and ad.
Glitter, scented ads, thermochromic reveals, and textured printing are just a few of the stunning effects that can bring your poster from background noise to center stage.
Here are a few examples of our extraordinary poster projects:
UV Coatings and Specialty Inks
Using the highest quality inks and UV coatings available, we customize and print a wide variety of special effects for posters, including:
- Gloss & matte
- Scents & fragrances
- Soft Touch & textures
- More custom & cutting-edge special effects: you name it, we can do it
While lithography – a process of printing on flat surfaces – was invented in the late 18th century, the popularity of posters sharply increased when French artist Cheret elevated posters to a new level of artistry. To this day, posters maintain an unprecedented popularity across pop culture, advertising, and more.
Abridged History of Posters
Lithography was invented.
Cheret Coins New Method for Colors
The Poster is Considered Fine Art
WWI Turns Posters into Propoganda
Advertisers Shift to Poster Messaging
Pop-Culture Popularizes Posters
Computer Graphics Offer New Styles
The Poster is Used Across Industries
Special Effects Printing is Born
Partner with H&H for Your Poster Project
At H&H, we do more than printing. We can help bring your project to life with development services that include consultation, research and development and production assistance. We can even partner with you for turnkey project development that includes sourcing, packaging and displays, co-packing, fulfillment and distribution and retail agreements. Contact us for a poster sample or click on the link below to get started.