If you’ve ever watched a child unwrap a package, you know it isn’t only what’s inside that counts.
Packaging has the power to capture attention, enhance the value of whatever is inside and create a sense of expectation that makes the experience memorable and concrete.
When you add multisensory special effects to packaging, you’ve set the stage for your product with the mood of your choosing.
Do you want to create a sense of luxury or excitement? Evoke nostalgia? Pique the imagination with a bit of mystery? What do you want your prospects to feel as they open your packaging?
Multisensory special effect printing can provoke an unlimited array of moods and sensory associations. Scent alone has an unmatched power to stir memories and emotions. In combination with other effects, you can create a multisensory experience that transforms your packaging into unique and effective marketing for your product and your brand.
Tap Into Your Product’s Multisensory Appeal
Match your product, brand identity, or the mood you want to create to the right special effects for your packaging and experience your own mood improvement as your print ROI grows along with your sales.
- Hydrochromic printing reveals a hidden message or image when exposed to liquid or even just a spray of cologne. Examples: Hidden discount codes or sweepstakes entries for cosmetic, perfume or cruise line promotions.
- Scented printing effects can be used to create a waft of fragrance when a package is opened or a burst of scent beneath a scratch-off image or panel. It can also be added to promotional pieces included inside packaging to encourage customers to try different varieties of your product. Examples: Scented recipe cards, scented candle samplers, scented wrapping paper.
- Textured and glitter printing can be used to add a touch of luxury and glamour to clear plastic packaging designed to provide a peek at the goodies inside. Examples: Glittery printing on candy boxes or other clear packaging that contains treats or luxury items. We’ve created glamorous special effects for packaging for luxury chocolates and luxury bath products.
- Photochromic “SnapShot effect” printing creates a hidden image or message when photographed on the flash setting. Examples: Hidden giveaways or promotions revealed when a prospect photographs the packaging and shares it on social media.
- Thermochromic printing can reveal a hidden message or image when a package is exposed to the heat of a handprint, encouraging prospects to touch – which dramatically improves the likelihood of purchase. Examples: Cereal boxes and other food packaging that might otherwise be lost on crowded shelves can use thermochromic printing to create a kid-friendly reveal or game or a parent-friendly promotion or informational panel. Beer and other chilled adult beverages can use thermochromic packaging or labeling to call attention to the ideal temperature for enjoying the product.
Bring Us Your Next Big Idea and We’ll Add the Multisensory Magic
For whatever you’re selling or whatever brand vibe you’re trying to put out there, there’s a multisensory packaging idea perfect for your next promotion.
Bring us your idea or take advantage of our multisensory expertise and let us help you find the right special effects.
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest and best-known brands and a wide array of businesses whose products are as different as beauty products and vintage wine. One thing they have in common? They don’t want ordinary packaging. Neither should you.
Give us a call and let’s get started on something extraordinary.